Dallas Pets Alive! Foster Care Provider Agreement
Updated: 06.23.22 KPI, , make the following statements and voluntarily enter into this Foster Care Agreement (hereinafter “Agreement”) to provide temporary care as a foster caregiver for the Dallas Pets Alive! (hereinafter “DPA”).
1. I have never been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment. I agree to notify DPA if I am convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment in the future.
2. I agree to comply with all federal, state and local laws that pertain to companion animals and pet ownership in the jurisdiction where I reside.
3. I understand that DPA reserves the right to check on the welfare of my foster animal, which may include a visit to my home. I further understand that if DPA finds a direct and immediate threat to my foster animal, DPA may remove the animal from my care.
4. I understand that DPA reserves the right to revoke my foster status due to inability to provide basic care to my foster animal, endangering my foster animal, or not following DPA policies and procedures as outlined in the foster agreement and foster manual.
5. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the DPA Foster Care Manual (“Manual”), and that I have read the Manual. I agree to fully comply with the policies, guidance and requirements set forth in the Manual as applicable to my foster animal.
6. I agree to not take my foster pet(s) to dog parks, off-leash areas, daycare facilities, crowded public areas, or any similar locations, unless given prior approval by the DPA Foster/Medical Director. I understand that I will be solely responsible for any injury or damage caused by my foster animal.
7. I understand that DPA recommends that my foster animal(s) is to be kept separate from any other animals currently living in my home for a minimum of five days. I agree that if I choose to introduce my foster animal(s) to any other animal living in my home, I will be solely responsible for any illness or injury to other animals.
8. I agree that the animal(s) that I foster will reside in my home, will be kept as household pets, and will not be used for breeding.
9. I agree that all foster animals are the property of DPA. I will not return any DPA animal to the shelter, abandon them at any vet, boarder, or other facility, or transfer their care to any other organization, business, or individual without prior approval from my DPA Foster Representative or above in writing.
10. I agree to notify my DPA Foster Representative immediately by phone via their provided phone number and email via email@example.com immediately if my foster animal(s) becomes lost or separated from me.
11. I agree to notify DPA leadership immediately by phone via their provided phone number if my foster animal demonstrates any aggressive behavior, including, but not limited to, biting a person or another animal. Any human bites which breaks skin must be communicated to DPA leadership by phone, not email immediately for DPA leadership to assess the incident and document appropriately. Please note that any emails or written communication about human bites which break skin can put your foster animal and DPA at risk. DPA leadership contacts are as follows:• Jenay Bennett, Foster Director (214)-524-3555• Lindsay Minnich, Assistant Canine Foster Director (404) 975-7074• Sarah McGoldrick, VP Animal Operations (630) 244-6885• Leslie Sans, Executive Director (979) 574-7995
12. I agree to seek immediate medical attention if I am bitten by my foster animal, or if I receive any other physical injury resulting from interaction with my foster animal. I further agree to seek immediate medical attention for any member of my household who is bitten or suffers any other physical injury resulting from interaction with my foster animal.
13. I agree to return my foster animal(s) at any time upon the request of a DPA Foster Representative or any DPA volunteer staff member.
14. I agree to receive and respond to all calls and emails concerning my foster animal(s), from DPA volunteers, veterinary partner staff, and potential adopters.
15. I agree to transport the animal an approved DPA veterinary clinic to receive medical treatment as requested by a DPA Foster Representative, DPA medical team, or other DPA volunteer staff. If my foster animal experiences a medical emergency, I agree to follow the instructions outlined under “In Case of an After Hours Emergency” in manual.
16. I understand that DPA will not reimburse me for any routine or emergency care for my foster animal that is not pre-approved in writing by the DPA Medical Team Lead or above volunteer.
17. I agree to contact my DPA Foster Representative immediately by phone via their provided phone number and email via firstname.lastname@example.org for other any other emergency or non-emergency matters.
18. I agree that during the time that a Dallas Pets Alive animal is in my care, if I choose to foster with another rescue group that I must receive written approval from a representative from DPA and the other rescue. I understand that DPA will only cover medical expenses for DPA animals in the event an injury occurs while a non-DPA foster animal is in my home. I will also not recruit DPA fosters to volunteer with other rescue organizations during my time, or after my time with DPA.
19. I understand that DPA has right to determine if my animal is eligible for adoption events and that I will provide open and honest information regarding their medical needs and behavioral characteristics. I understand that I will not attend an adoption event without previous approval from DPA. I understand DPA volunteers reserve the right to ask me to leave an event if my animal was not approved to attend beforehand or shows any behavioral or medical concerns to continue attendance.
20. I agree to assume the risks implicit in working with animals who may have been abandoned, neglected, mistreated, or who may suffer from an illness or disease. My participation in the DPA Foster Program is entirely voluntary and without the promise or expectation of compensation. I have no known physical or mental condition that would impair my ability to participate in the DPA Foster Program. I understand that while DPA volunteers carefully evaluate all animals, DPA may have limited knowledge of their behavioral and medical backgrounds. Therefore, I understand that DPA makes no warranties or representations regarding my foster animal’s health, behavior, temperament, age, or breed. I further understand that environmental changes may affect and change the temperament of my foster animal(s).
21. I understand and agree that the non-profit volunteer organization Dallas Pets Alive!, its volunteers, board members, and directors have no liability or responsibility of any nature for injuries or damage to any person, animal, or property which may be caused by my foster animal(s) or my participation in the DPA Foster Program.
22. I agree to foster an animal with DPA through to adoption or until the time agreed upon between myself and DPA.
23. I agree that I will conduct myself in a manner that would create a favorable and lasting impression with both the public and other volunteers. The continued success of DPA depends on the quality, integrity, expertise and professionalism of all who represent DPA in any capacity. Discrimination or harassment in any way, shape or form will not be tolerated.
I, for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Dallas Pets Alive!, its volunteers, board members, and directors, and their heirs, administrators, executors, successors, and representatives from all liability for and all risk of damage or bodily injury or death that may occur to myself or others (including any injury based on negligence or willful misconduct) now or hereafter in connection with my foster animal(s) and my participation in the DPA Foster Program. I expressly agree that this release, waiver and indemnity is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the State of Texas and that if any portion is held invalid, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. By my signature below and, and by my initials beside each numbered paragraph above, I affirm that all statements and stated agreements contained in this document are truthful, I affirm that I have read and understand this Agreement in its entirety, and I agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Dallas Pets Alive! Foster Care Provider Agreement
Agree & Sign