Pet Adoption process
Explore the profiles of our adoptable pets
We also encourage you to attend one of our upcoming pet adoption events. We want to help you find the perfect pet for you. Our adoption counselors and fosters are available to answer any questions you may have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message via Facebook.
Fill out the online adoption application
If this is your first time applying, or it’s been more than 3 months since you submitted an application, complete a new application here.You will be asked questions about your living/household situation, previous experience with animals, and lifestyle. Some of these questions may seem intrusive or extreme; we ask them to make sure you are matched with the best pet for your lifestyle, and for you to fully understand the commitment and responsibilities of adopting a pet.
A volunteer will email you if there are any questions about your application. Otherwise, you will receive an email (usually within 48 hours) informing you that your application has been approved.Have you filled out an application in the past 3 months? If so, no need to fill out another one! Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll help you get the process started again.
Meet your new potential BFF!
Finalize the adoption & welcome your furry friend!
If you need any help, or do not receive your pet’s medical records, please contact us at 214-444-9372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To adopt a pet from Dallas Pets Alive!, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be willing and able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your new pet.
- Live within Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana.
- Be willing to travel to the DFW area to meet your pet. Verify with your landlord or leasing company that the pet you wish to adopt is allowed according to pet policies.
Under 6 months: $250
Over 6 months: $200
Under 6 months: $150
Over 6 months: $100
The Adoption Fee includes:
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Heartworm test on dogs 6 months and older
- FeLV test on all cats and kittens
- Current vaccinations (including Rabies, if the animal is 4 months or older)
- Deworming treatment
Adoption Fee Payment Options:
Credit/debit card online.
Not Ready to Adopt?
Let’s talk about fostering! Fosters provide a lifeline and a second chance for pets who may be underage, injured, or simply in need of some TLC before they can be adopted. While the amount of time a pet spends with a foster can vary from a few days to few months, the positive impact a foster has on that dog or cat lasts a lifetime..