Whether purebred or mixed, we believe every homeless pet deserves a second chance! When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you’re giving that animal a second chance – and saving a life.
Many shelter animals are highly adoptable, but there isn’t the kennel space, staff, funding or time to find them homes. They don’t get the exposure they need to find the right home. DPA provides that exposure through our website and adoption and community events we attend.
By adopting from DPA:
- You make room for us to help another dog or cat in need.
- You get an immediate sense of community pride by being part of the answer to the growing problem of homeless pets.
- Most importantly, you experience the unconditional love that only the newest member of your family can give.
Our Promise To You
- We work to ensure our adoptable pets are healthy animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet is adopted to you with:
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- Heartworm testing and treatment, if necessary
Our Goals for DPA! Adoptions
- To find responsible individuals to adopt unwanted, abused and neglected animals.
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets.
- Decrease euthanasia rates in shelters by providing high-exposure adoption opportunities.
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control.
All of our adoptable pets have varying minimum donation amounts. Please refer to the lists below:
- Dogs six months or older: $200.
- Puppies: $250.
Seniors (8+ years): $100
Seniors (8+ years) for seniors (65+ years): $50
- Cats 6 months or older: $100.
- The minimum donation for kittens: $150.
Seniors (8+ years): $50
Seniors (8+ years) for seniors (65+ years): $35
Some fees may vary depending on medical needs or other criteria.
Pay Adoption Fee
Did you recently adopt a pet and need to pay your adoption fee? Please visit this page to do so.
Help us care for our adoptable pets by providing funds for their care. Below are suggested donation amounts corresponding to specific needs.
$10 – Microchip
$25 – Heartworm test
$50 – Puppy vaccinations
$75 – Spay/neuter one pet
$100 – One day of parvovirus treatment
$300 – Heartworm treatment
$500 – One month of behavioral training