WHO WE ARE & HOW WE HELP
Our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals in North Texas.
We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue.
Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do.
To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
HOW WE DO IT
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus on:
- Rescuing healthy and treatable pets at North Texas shelters at the greatest risk of being euthanized
- Reducing owner surrender through our Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS) program
- Opening kennel space by transporting pets to partners in the U.S. and Canada in need of adoptable animals
- Challenging the way our community views rescue animals. We believe that adoption is not only right thing to do but THE thing to do!
Save homeless animals
Provide lifesaving aid to vulnerable dogs and cats in Dallas with your gift
Since Dallas Pets Alive!’s founding in 2012 as a foster-based rescue organization run primarily by volunteers, we have built our reputation as a leading animal welfare organization in the North Texas rescue community.
Thanks to the tireless dedication and work of our team, partner rescue groups, community organizations, and Dallas Animal Services’ shelter staff, DAS’ live release rate has increased from 42.7% in September 2012 to an average of 82% in 2018. DAS has maintained a 90% live release rate throughout Q1 2019.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Founder: Leslie Sans
- Chairman of the Board: Rory O’Loughlin
- Vice-President, Board of Directors: Brittani Lassiter
- Treasurer: TBD
- Secretary, Board of Directors: Lindsey Reedy
- Board Member: Candice Aaron
- Board Member: Peter Baldwin
- Board Member: Drew Lassiter
- Board Member: Adam Stetson
- Board Member: Kevin Kirksey
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox
- Founder & Executive Director: Leslie Sans
- Executive Admin: Christine Sablone
- Vice President of Animal Operations: Andra Adams
- Vice President, Administration: Alyssa Gross
- Development Director: Ron Jenkins
- Rescue Director: Elina Kanevskaia DeVos
- Adoption Director: Stacey DeVos Glauben
- Foster Director: Danica Butler
- Medical Director: Jessica Dudek
- Transport Director: Danielle Flowers
- TNR Director: Tina Hoskins
- PASS Director: Andra Adams
- Technology Director: Katie Patterson
- Marketing Director: Allison H. Treloar
- Volunteer Director: Mourad Blokpoel
- Fundraising Director: Christina Papaila
Dallas Pets Alive! is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, EIN 46-2768869