275 people and dogs walk into a bar, five bars to be exact. The punchline? No joke here. The rest is record-breaking Dallas Pets Alive! Pup Crawl history.
On May 28, 2017, DPA hosted its 5th annual Pup Crawl in Deep Ellum. Volunteers, adopters, fosters, and hundreds of other awesome people from around the community got together to do what we do best, drink beer and play with puppies!
Here’s a quick recap, along with photos, from the AMAZING day spent crawling around Dallas to benefit so many local pets in need.
Stats at a glance:
- Approximately 275 people and dogs attended the Pup Crawl.
- The event sold out two days in advance; several people showed up to buy day-of tickets on site.
- Dallas Pets Alive! raised approximately $7,500 in donations (tickets + merch) that will directly support the medical and other needs of our all-volunteer foster and rescue program.
- Three dogs received adoption applications from people who met them at the crawl: Panda, Breezy and Cricket.
- We lost count of how many beers were consumed, but a great (and safe!) time was had by all.
Cheers to everyone who came out and made this special event a success! We’ll see you next year.