DPA is looking for a VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR: a dynamic person who cares deeply for animal welfare and people to lead our Volunteer Program.
Dallas Pets Alive is a nonprofit rescue program run entirely by volunteers — who work around full-time jobs, families and other responsibilities. We juggle them all because we believe in the the pet rescue, no-kill movement!
DPA is based in Dallas and local candidates are preferred, although excellent candidates from outside the area may be considered.
• Welcome & prepare new volunteer applicants
• Staff all adoption, fundraising and other events with volunteers
• Work with corporate groups wanting to partner with DPA
• Hold volunteer orientations for new team members
• Maintain the volunteer team database
• Maintain volunteer hour tracking system
• Work closely with DPA team directors to ensure staffing concerns are addressed.
• Strategize how to effectively grow the volunteer area as DPA! grows
To apply, fill out an online application on our VOLUNTEER PAGE.