Dallas Pets Alive! Volunteer Agreement
Updated 9/23/20 KP
I, , make the following statements and voluntarily enter into this Volunteer Agreement (hereinafter “Agreement”) to provide volunteering services for Dallas Pets Alive! (hereinafter “DPA”).
1. I agree that as a volunteer for DPA, I assume all risks of loss or injury, including death to myself or damage to my property while on the property of DPA and elsewhere, while participating in the volunteer program.
2. I agree to volunteer with DPA to the agreed upon amount of time listed in the job description.
3. I agree to be supervised by a DPA Director or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
4. I understand the continued success of DPA depends on the quality, integrity, expertise and professionalism of all who represent DPA in any capacity. The public and fellow volunteers should be treated with respect, deference, tact and courtesy. Profanity or derogatory language should not be used in public, with other volunteers or in written communications. Discrimination or harassment in any way, shape or form will not be tolerated.
5. I understand that all volunteers must attend an orientation session within 60 days of submitting an application. Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. Volunteers ages 13-15 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times while volunteering in-person. The parent/guardian must also complete an online application and attend orientation with their child. Volunteers ages 16-17 years must obtain a parent’s/guardian’s signature of approval in order to volunteer in-person without parental supervision.
6. I understand that I will not be an employee of DPA and that all services performed by me will be strictly on a voluntary basis. I will receive no remuneration, pay, or compensation of any kind from DPA for services I have performed. DPA shall incur no liability of any nature as result of my volunteering.
7. I understand that in handling animals and performing other volunteer tasks, there is a risk of injury, including physical harm or death, and that all services performed by me will be done at my own risk. I understand that DPA strongly recommends that I always have a current tetanus immunization. I further understand that DPA recommends that any dogs and cats that I live with should be immunized by my veterinarian, if not already done so.
8. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the DPA Volunteer Handbook (hereinafter “Handbook”) and Social Media Policy and that I have read the Handbook and Social Media Policy. I agree to fully comply with the mission, rules, regulations, policies, guidance, programs, and requirements set forth in the Handbook and Social Media Policy as applicable to my volunteering role.
Therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs, and personal representatives, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless DPA and its assigns, successors, agents, staff, officers, board of directors, employees, contractors, and representatives from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands of any nature of cause whatsoever, including costs and legal fees arising out of, or relating to, my volunteering with DPA, including, but not limited to, animal bites, disease, accidents, property damage, or injuries. I expressly agree that this release, waiver, and indemnity is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the State of Texas and that if any portion is held invalid, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. My signature below and my initials beside each numbered paragraph above affirm that all statements contained in this document are truthful and that I have read, understand, and truthfully completed this Agreement in its entirety.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Dallas Pets Alive! Volunteer Agreement
Agree & Sign