POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Dallas Pets Alive’s donor development including: the major gifts program, annual fund, Champions Club-Monthly Giving program, and capital campaign. The position works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and the Fundraising Events Director (volunteer position) in all development endeavors.
SUMMARY: Making North Texas No-Kill is a big job and we need great staff to do it. As our Development Director, you will be responsible for creating and executing our fundraising strategy, identifying the best opportunities for raising revenues, identifying and setting dates and timelines for campaigns and stewardship; and setting priorities and goals for each funding stream. This role must ensure DPA has a clear message and story and is using it strategically to inspire and sustain donations.
SALARY/PAY RATE: Full-time. $50,000 base pay, plus bonus opportunity if revenue goals are met.
TIME REQUIREMENT: 40 hours a week, some weeknights and weekends will be required
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications and stewardship
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program: North Texas Giving Day
- Collaborate with Fundraising Events Director on DPA Signature fundraising events such as our Pup Crawl and Gala
- Assist in the direction of the current capital campaign: dallaspetsalive.org/buildabetterway
- Oversee prospect research
- Set up public appearances/accept speaking engagements for Executive Director to share information about Dallas Pets Alive with the community
- Manage fundraising CRM (Neon)
- Supervise and collaborate with development volunteers
- Oversee and execute all marketing publications to support fund raising activities
- Maintain gift recognition programs
- Perform other related duties as requested
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with donors, businesses, Board of Directors and DPA Leadership.
CONTROLS OVER WORK: This position reports to the Executive Director.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional development work for a similar animal welfare related non-profit or foundation
- Professional marketing and communications experience
- Professional Certification (CFRE) and membership in Fundraising Association (AFP
- A bachelor’s degree
- Must embrace the mission of Dallas Pets Alive and be able to passionately motivate donors to invest in our life saving mission
- Must embrace the culture of Dallas Pets Alive and actively work to balance leading a volunteer driven organization, volunteer management experience is a plus
- Experience in donor-centered fundraising, managing individual giving program, donor stewardship and benefits programs, foundations and major gifts
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Have large scale fundraising event coordination experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Maintain emotional control under stress and conduct oneself at a high level of professionalism when working with others
- Must have Neon or a similar donor CRM and Google suite experience
- Must have experience with current marketing tools such as social media platforms and MailChimp
- This is a virtual position but must be local within the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, reference list and resume to DPAfirstname.lastname@example.org by December 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST. Thank you for your interest in serving our mission!