Ask any pet-obsessed social media user what their favorite app is and most often it will be Instagram. Why? It’s no secret that Instagram is brimming with squee-worthy pet posts, so it’s the perfect fix for when you need a quick dose of cuteness. It’s also a great way for us to catch up with our adopted alumni from time to time – we can follow their stories with just the click of a button.
From pint-sized portable pooches to true life Cinderella stories of street dogs turned agility stars, Instagram has made itself a storybook full of wonderful adoption tales about dogs rescued, fostered and adopted through Dallas Pets Alive!
Here are 20 picks (in no particular order) to check out, gush over, and share with a friend.
- @goldieloxrocks– “I’m Goldie. I was abused, abandoned on the road with a broken jaw. In 2015, my new mom and dad rescued me, fostered me, and adopted me.”
- @primrosedahound– “I’m Princess Primrose the crazy coonhound, living the life in Dallas. Follow my sweet rescue story.”
- @bigp_inthecity– “I’m a very loved, rescue staffie living in Dallas, TX. I got rescued and now I help my human rescue other dogs just like me!”
- @theportablepup– “I’m Desi Mae Joon, a zany lil Chiweenie gal from Dallas. I travel everywhere with my mom, dad, and new senior bro BB @thepocketpup. #adoptdontshop”
- @thepocketpup– “I’m Buffalo Bill aka BB aka Billy Bean- an adopted senior Chi in Dallas Tx and brother of Desi @theportablepup See how cool adopting a senior can be!”
- @dobiedoesdallas– “I’m a 7 yr old Doberman living in Dallas. Proud alumni of Dallas Pets Alive!”
- @roosevelts4life– “We were 2 lost pups till mom & dad rescued, fostered and adopted us. Now we are presidential pups livin the life! Reppin#DallasPetsAlive”
- @wyatt_thelittlewarrior– “Hi! My name is Wyatt and I was saved by Dallas Pets Alive and Vet Ranch from a scary shelter with almost no time left. Follow my happily ever after!”
- @peanutthemutt1 – “Adopted 12/11/15. Dallas, TX is home. I love agility, walks, treats, and my mommy.”
- @spudsthestaffie – “I’m Spuds, a Staffy mix with a huge heart. I love my people, my brother and sisters, chewing bones and eating dirt. I’m the biggest snuggler ever.”
- sky_blue_eyes_sd– “Service Dog | Malamute x Husky x unknown | Female | 3 years old”
- @jackandralphie– “one pit, two pit, red pit, blue pit. Best pittie bros, with big heads and big hearts, rescued from the Dallas streets.”
- @murphyandmouse– Just a poodle and a Mouse living the good life in Dallas. (They also have a blog!)
- @justjakinaround– “Found on Dallas streets then taken to a shelter. Rescued in the nick of time. Follow the adventures of my new life!”
- @caramelsweetascandy– “An Australian Cattle Dog mix rescued by @dallaspetsalive and enjoying life with my mom @vballphil.#rescuesofinstagram #sweetascandy”
- @rosieandwinnie– “Nappers, snackers, survivors of the streets. Help save our friends at@dallaspetsalive! #adoptdontshop”
- @brietheadoptee– “Rescued by Dallas Pets Alive! Fostered. Adopted. Ears for days!”
19. @adventures_in_bixieland – “Stray pup turned fabulous princess & my fur-siblings. Texas Girl, 7 years old (we think), Gotcha Day 1/20/17 Brussels Griffon/Shih-tzu Mix”
20. @poppiepink – “Hello my name is Poppie. I am a female chihuahua! I <3 to play with all my toys. I love my family. I <3 Dallas Pets Alive!!”
Want to adopt a pet and join the Dallas Pets Alive! family? Check out our robust lists of amazing dogs and cats to find your new furry friend today! You never know, with a little time and a few filters, they could end up being Insta-famous.